Pest description and crop damage Causes "pineapple" galls on spruce, the primary host.
Hosts and Symptoms of Major Aphid and Adelgid Pests of Christmas Trees
Apply to control crawler stage, usually when new growth is expanding in spring.
- bifenthrin (OnyxPro, Sniper and others) (Group 3)-Restricted use pesticide
- cyantraniliprole (Mainspring GNL) (Group 28)
- cyclaniliprole (Sarisa and others) (Group 28)
- cyclaniliprole (Group 28) + flonicamid (Group 29)-Pradia
- dinotefuran (Safari 20 SG) (Group 4)
- imidacloprid (Montana, Nuprid 4F and others) (Group 4)
- spirotetramat (Ultor, Movento) (Group 23)
- thiamethoxam (Flagship 25 WG) (Group 4)