Pest description, biology, life history and crop damage
Management-biological, cultural, tactical
Management-chemical control: HOME USE
- bifenthrin (as a mix with zeta-cyermethrin).
- pyrethrins-Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic use.
Management-chemical control: COMMERCIAL USE
- bifenthrin (Capture LFR) at 0.04 to 0.08 lb ai/A at plant or PPI. Do not exceed 0.1 lb ai/A per season as an at-plant treatment.
- bifenthrin/Avermectin (Athena) at 0.06 to 0.12 lb ai/A at plant. PHI 40 days. REI 12 hr.
- chloropicrin (Telone)-Preplant soil fumigants.
- diazinon (Diazinon 50W) at 3 to 4 lb ai/A. Broadcast before planting and incorporate into top 4 to 8 inches. REI 3 days.