Pest description, crop damage and life history
Common Pests of Vegetable Crops
Management-biological, cultural, tactical
Management-chemical control: HOME USE
- bifenthrin (often as a mix with zeta-cypermethrin)
Management-chemical control: COMMERCIAL USE
- diazinon at 3 to 4 lb ai/A broadcast before planting and incorporate into top 4 to 8 inches of soil. REI 3 days. Succulent peas only.
- dichloropropene (Telone II)-Preplant soil fumigant.
- imidacloprid (Gaucho 480F) at 0.063 to 0.125 lb ai/cwt seed prior to planting.
- thiamethoxam (Cruiser) at 0.05 lb ai/cwt seed. REI 12 hr.
- thiamethoxam + mefenoxam + fludioxnil (Cruiser Maxx) at 1.5 fl oz (product) /100 lb seed. REI 48 hr. Minimum plantback interval 120 days.