Pest description, crop damage and life history
Management-biological, cultural, tactical
Management-chemical control: HOME USE
- azadirachtin (as a mix with pyrethrins-Some formulations are OMRI-listed for organic use.
- bifenthrin (often as a mix with zeta-cypermethrin)
Management-chemical control: COMMERCIAL USE
- diazinon (Diazinon) at 3 to 4 lb ai/A. Broadcast and mix into soil before planting. REI 3 days.
- dichloropropene (Telone II)-Registered for preplant soil treatment for nematodes and reduces wireworm populations in soil.
- imidacloprid (Gaucho 480F) at 0.25 lb ai/100 lb of seed. Apply as commercial seed treatment.