Angora goat biting louse (Bovicola crassipes)
Goat biting louse (Bovicola caprae)
Goat sucking louse (Linognathus stenopsis)
Sheep biting louse (Bovicola ovis)
Sheep foot louse (Linognathus pedalis)
- permethrin (spray)-Follow label for dosage depending on severity of infestation and spray location. Spray affected areas or entire body or bedding. Re-treat after 4 to 6 weeks if needed. Remove feed and water while spraying. Do not treat more than once every 14 days.
- permethrin pour-on-Pour along backline and down face. Use 0.005 oz ai per 100 lb of body weight to a maximum of 0.03 oz ai/animal. Repeat as needed. Use no more than once every 2 weeks. For spot treatment, mix 0.75 oz ai/3 gal and spray each animal with 0.5 pint spray mixture per head. See label for other details. Sheep only.
- permethrin + piperonyl butoxide-Usage instructions depends upon concentration. Follow label for dosage and precautions. Sheep only.
- pyrethrin + piperonyl butoxide-Usage instructions depends upon concentration. Follow label for dosage and precautions.
- rosemary and peppermint oils-Follow label for dosage and precautions.
- zeta-cypermethrin with piperonyl butoxide dust-Use at 2 oz per animal. Apply directly to animal. Repeat as necessary, but not more often than once every 3 days.
- zeta-cypermethrin dust-Apply at 2 oz per animal. Apply directly to animal.