Includes Ixodes spp. and Dermacentor spp.
- abamectin ear tag (XP 820)-Apply one tag to each ear of all animals when ticks appear. Remove tags at end of season or before slaughter.
- beta-cyfluthrin ear tag (CyLence Ultra)-Apply one tag to each ear of all mature animals when ticks appear. Remove tags at end of season or before slaughter.
- diazinon/chlorpyrifos ear tag (Warrior)-Apply one tag to each ear of all animals older than 3 months when pests appear. Do not use on lactating dairy cattle. Remove tags at end of season or before slaughter.
- permethrin pour-on (Ultra Boss)-Apply 3 ml per 100 lb body weight. Maximum of 30 ml (1 fl oz) per animal. Retreat as needed but no more than once every 2 weeks.
- permethrin spray (Gardstar 40% EC)-Dilute at 118 ml (4 fl oz) per 50 gal water (0.05% ai). Apply 1 to 2 qt high pressure spray over body of animal; get thoroughly wet. For low-pressure spray, apply at 118 ml (4 fl oz) to 2.5 gal water; spray to point of runoff.
- permethrin spray (Durvet 10%; Prozap Insectrin X Fly Spray Concentrate)-Dilute 0.64 oz (normal infestation) or 1.28 oz (severe infestation) per gallon water (0.05%, 0.10%). Spray to thoroughly cover entire animal. Spray lactating cows only after milking is completed.
- rosemary, peppermint oils spray (Essentria IC3) Dilute at 30 to 90 ml (1 to 3 oz) per gal mineral oil. Spray directly on animal in amounts to sufficiently cover. Avoid contacting teats with spray unless teats are washed and dried before milking. Apply at least 20 minutes before milking of after milking is complete.
- thyme oil/2-phenethyl propionate/rosemary oil spray (EcoVia EC)-Dilute 0.5 to 1.5 oz per gal mineral oil USP. Spray to cover thoroughly. Repeat as necessary. Avoid contacting teats with spray unless they are washed and dried before milking. Apply at least 20 min before milking or after milking is complete.
- pyrethrins 1% dust (Evergreen Pyrethrum Dust)-Directly apply 2 oz to animal with shaker can or other device. Can be applied through dust bag placed in area where cattle congregate or pass through. This organic product is OMRI listed.
- zeta-cypermethrin dust (PYthon)-Directly apply 2 oz per animal. Repeat as needed but not more than once every 3 days.