Pest description and crop damage Adults are small, grayish brown, faintly striped weevils about 0.17 inch long. They appear in large numbers in spring and sometimes late summer. Adult feeding on young plants in spring may considerably notch and rag leaves, but this damage has not been found to reduce stand or yield appreciably.
- alpha-cypermethrin (Fastac EC) at 0.02 to 0.025 lb ai/a. PHI 21 days. REI 4 hr. Retreatment interval 5 days.
- carbaryl at 1.5 lb ai/a. PHI 14 days for grazing or harvest for forage, 21 days for harvest. Do not exceed 6 lb ai/a per season. Retreatment interval 7 days. REI 12 hr.
- cyfluthrin (Tombstone) at 0.13 to 0.5 lb ai/a. PHI 7 days. REI 12 hr. Retreatment interval 14 days. Do not exceed 0.1 lb ai/a per year.
- malathion at 1 to 1.25 lb ai/a. PHI 3 days. REI 12 hr. Do not graze or feed forage to livestock. Limit 2 treatments.
- phosmet (Imidan) at 0.7 to 1 lb ai/a. PHI 7 days. REI 5 days. Do not exceed 2.8 lb ai/a per season. Do not feed forage to livestock within 7 days. Do not cut treated fresh pea forage for hay within 10 days.