Pest description and crop damage Causes "pineapple" galls on spruce, the primary host.
Apply to control crawler stage, usually when new growth is expanding in spring.
- bifenthrin (OnyxPro, Sniper and others)-Restricted use pesticide. (Group 3)
- cyclaniliprole (Sarisa and others)-(Group 28)
- cyclaniliprole (Group 28) + flonicamid (Group 29)-Pradia
- dinotefuran (Safari 20 SG)- (Group 4)
- imidacloprid (Admire Pro, Prey 1.6 and others)-(Group 4)
- spirotetramat (Ultor, Movento)-(Group 23)
- thiamethoxam (Flagship 25 WG)-(Group 4)