Pest description and crop damage The adult fly is 0.5 inch long: eyes are bright green and wings have a yellow-brown mottle. Significant yield losses have not been demonstrated for this insect and treatment is generally not considered necessary.
- chlorpyrifos/lambda-cyhalothrin (Cobalt Advanced) at 22 to 38 fl oz/a. Do not graze or feed treated forage. PHI 45 days. REI 24 hr.
- deltamethrin (Delta Gold 1.5 EC) at 0.012 to 0.018 lb ai/a. Do not apply more than 0.045 lb ai/a per season. Do not graze or feed treated foliage to livestock. PHI 21 days. REI 12 hr.
- esfenvalerate (Asana XL) at 0.03 to 0.05 lb ai/a. Repeat as necessary for control. Do not exceed 0.2 lb ai/a per season. PHI 28 days. REI 12 hr.
- gamma-cyhalothrin (Proaxis) at 0.01 to 0.15 lb ai/a. Do not apply more than 0.06 lb ai/a or more than 0.045 lb ai/a after bloom begins. Less product is allowed if other cyfluthrin compounds are used; see label. PHI 45 days. REI 24 hr.
- lambda-cyhalothrin (Warrior II) at 0.02 to 0.03 lb ai/a. Do not apply more than 0.12 lb ai/a per season or more than 0.09 lb ai/a after bloom begins. PHI 45 days. REI 24 hr.
- lambda-cyhalothrin/chlorantraniliprole (Besiege) at 6 to 10 fl oz/a. Do not apply more than 0.12 lb ai/a per season of lambda-cyhalothrin or more than 0.2 lb ai/a of chlorantraniliprole. PHI 45 days. REI 24 hr. (Adult only)