Includes Ixodes spp. and Dermacentor spp.
- abamectin/piperonyl butoxide ear tag (XP 820)-Apply one tag to each ear of all animals when ticks appear. Remove tags at end of season or before slaughter.
- beta-cyfluthrin ear tag (CyLence Ultra)-Apply one tag to each ear of all mature animals when ticks appear. Remove tags at end of season or before slaughter.
- diazinon/chlorpyrifos ear tag (Warrior)-Apply one tag to each ear of all animals older than 3 months when pests appear. Do not use on lactating dairy cattle. Remove tags at end of season or before slaughter.
- diflubenzuron/permethrin pour-on (Lice-Ban)-Apply 3 mL per 100 lb body weight to maximum of 30 mL.
- octanoic acid/nonanoic acid/decanoic acid (Ecovet Fly Repellent)-Apply to hair coat with small sprayer or a cloth. (Not registered in Oregon.)
- permethrin pour-on (Boss)-Apply 3 ml per 100 lb body weight. Maximum of 30 ml (1 fl oz) per animal. Retreat as needed but no more than once every 2 weeks.
- permethrin spray (Gardstar 40% EC)-Dilute at 118 ml (4 fl oz) per 50 gal water (0.05% ai). Apply 1 to 2 qt high pressure spray over body of animal; get thoroughly wet. For low-pressure spray, apply at 118 ml (4 fl oz) to 2.5 gal water; spray to point of runoff.
- permethrin spray (Durvet 10%; Prozap Insectrin X Concentrate)-Dilute 0.64 oz (normal infestation) or 1.28 oz (severe infestation) per gallon water (0.05%, 0.10%). Spray to thoroughly cover entire animal. Spray lactating cows only after milking is completed.
- permethrin spray (Atroban 11% EC) at 1 quart to 50 gal water. Spray 1 to 2 quart per animal and get thoroughly wet. Treat once every 2 weeks as needed.
- rosemary, peppermint oils spray (Essentria All Purpose) Dilute at 30 to 90 ml (1 to 3 oz) per gal mineral oil. Spray directly on animal in amounts to sufficiently cover. Apply at least 20 minutes before milking of after milking is complete.
- thyme oil/2-phenethyl propionate/rosemary oil spray (EcoVia EC)-Dilute 0.5 to 1.5 oz per gal mineral oil USP. Spray to cover thoroughly. Repeat as necessary. Apply at least 20 min before milking or after milking is complete.
- pyrethrins 1% dust (Evergreen Pyrethrum Dust)-Directly apply 2 oz to animal with shaker can or other device. Can be applied through dust bag placed in area where cattle congregate or pass through. This organic product is OMRI listed.
- zetacypermethrin/piperonyl butoxide dust (PYthon)-Directly apply 2 oz per animal. Repeat as needed but not more than once every 3 days.