- Materials suggested for use on dairy animals may also be used on beef animals.
- Materials listed below are approved for use in all dairy cattle, including lactating animals, unless otherwise noted.
- Some of the products suggested for insect control are registered as drugs, not insecticides, and are regulated by the FDA.
- When using backrubbers or dust bags to dispense product, place the backrubber or bag where cattle will congregate or pass through regularly, such as the exit alley from the milking parlor. For backrubbers, be sure to recharge/resaturate as needed.
- After use of a spray or pour-on, wash teats thoroughly before milking.
- For many ear tags, “optimum” control is provided by two tags per animal; “adequate” control is provided by one tag per animal.